Ingredients (four servings)
- 14,10 oz (400g) potatoes
- 4 onions
- 3,5 oz (100g) bacon bits
- 1 tbsp. (1EL) clarified butter
- Salt, pepper
- 5,29 oz (150g) Bergland Bavarian Swiss Wild Garlic & Herbs
- 1 red onion
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bunch fresh chives
- 1 lemon
- Skin the onions and cut them in fine cubes.
- Heat the clarified butter in a pan.
- Cut the potatoes in fine slices and put them into the hot pan with clarified butter.
- Add the onion cubes and the bacon bits.
- With medium heat turning it for about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut cheese, cucumber and the red onion in fine spikes and mix them.
- Wash lemon and grate the lemon peel.
- Cut the chives in spikes.
- Marinate cheese-/cucumber-/onion –spikes in lemon juice.
- Season with a little bit salt.
- Serve the hot fried potatoes on a plate and decorate with the marinated spikes.
If you like your fried potatoes very crispy you should take more fat for baking. Bake them until they are brown and crispy. By this version it is important that you season after baking.
Nutrition facts (per serving):
- calories: 480 kcal
- proteins: 15 g
- fat: 37 g
- carbohydrates: 22g