Ingredients (four servings):
- 2 packages (each 9.88 oz/280g) Bergland Grilling Cheese of your choice
- 16 thin slices of raw, smoked bacon (each slice approx. 0.35 oz/10g)
- 8 slices of toast
- 16 small lettuce leaves
For the ragout of grapes
- 1.06 oz (30g) shallots
- 10.58 oz (300g) red and green seedless grapes
- 0.71 oz (20g) butter
- 0.42 cups (100ml) red grape juice
- 0.21 cups (50ml) red wine
- Zests of ½ lemon
- 1 pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp. cornstarch with 1 tbs. grape juice
- 1 tsp. finely cut peppermint
- Take the Grilling Cheese out of the packaging, cut the patties in half lengthwise and wrap each half with a slice of bacon.
- For the ragout, first peel and finely chop the shallots.
- Then wash and half the grapes.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and sauté the shallots until glassy and soft.
- Briefly, sauté the graves and lemon zests, too.
- Pour juice and wine in, boil it up and season with salt and pepper.
- Then bind it with the mixed cornstarch.
- Finally, add the peppermint.
- Roast the wrapped Grilling Cheese in a coated pan without adding fat until golden brown.
- Now toast the bread and half it diagonally.
- Cover each with lettuce leaves and the wrapped grilling cheese.
- Serve on a plate together with the ragout of grapes and garnish with mint.